Sunday, November 20, 2005

Hurting People

I am beginning to realize how many opportunities I have to minister to people that I pass up. In the midst of being unhappy about my current job, I have been dreaming of working in a clinic with low-income families or the homeless. I figure that it would be a great opportunity for ministry and it would prepare me for some of the health problems that I am likely to see overseas. However, I forget that I have amazing opportunities to be the hands and feet of Jesus in my current position. The emergency room cannot be rivaled as a place to find hurting people. It is a unique environment filled with those who have recently and suddenly been thrown onto a physical and spiritual roller coaster. Lord, please help me to minister to the hurting people that I meet every day.

No comments: