Friday, May 26, 2006

Nganga

Here is more info on the healer that visited Mayos and the boy that he was unable to heal from a newsletter sent by the Conrods:

Thank you all for praying for the boy with TB and the situation with the traditional healer (Nganga) who was in town. The healer left a few weeks ago, and the people were convinced that he was not a “real” healer because he had no real power. We were excited to get that news, until our teammates bumped into this healer again a few days later working his “magic” in another village a few miles away. We asked our Baka neighbors why they didn’t tell their brothers in this other village to beware of this fellow, that he was just a con-artist. They said it wasn’t their responsibility, their brothers in the other town would figure it out soon enough. That mentality bothered us a bit because in the meantime, this other camp is being exploited of their money until they figure it out that this guy is a fraud. Anyhow, Membila, the boy with TB, is growing stronger and getting better. We are still giving him medicine and are praying that God would not only completely heal him, but show His power in Membila’s life.

This is a time for fervent prayer. Satan would love to see this boy die of TB and discredit the Gospel and invalidate the power of God. When I was in Cameroon, I saw so many people die after beginning to see them improve under modern medicine and prayer. Perhaps the mixture of interventions wasn’t quite right. Maybe we needed to add a little more prayer, love, and faith and not rely so heavily on the medicine. I am guilty of the same mistakes right now in my current occupation in the ER. I don’t love on people and pray for them as much as I should. Instead, I rely on our powerful medicines and amazing modern healing techniques. I have a lot to learn. Right now, I need to learn again how to pray.
Pray with me for Membila, for his health, and for those around him to see the Power of God in his life.

No comments: