Saturday, July 01, 2006

End of One Chapter...

Yesterday was a momentous day in my nursing career. I had my yearly evaluation, in which I received a promotion to Clinical Nurse II and a small raise. Everyone always says the first year as a nurse is a time of growing and learning. As I look back at where I was a year ago, I recognize that God has given me many opportunities to develop my nursing skill and to grow into what my manager calls a "competent clinician." I've been blessed to be able to begin my nursing career in the emergency room, where every day is a learning experience. I still feel very much like the "advanced beginner" that I was hired as, and I have a lot to learn still, but my time as an emergency nurse is drawing to a close. I also gave my resignation yesterday. Life is taking a little different turn now, but I thank God for the opportunity to begin where I did.

No comments: