Monday, January 15, 2007

Cameroon Bound

With much joy, I announce that I am planning to journey to Cameroon in mid to late March for a month-long field visit. This is the next step in the process of going to Cameroon long term. Once I have visited the field and gotten a fresh perspective of the ministry going on there and the team and field that I hope to join, I will have an opportunity to meet with a couple members of the field leadership. After they have a chance to discuss my fit with the Cameroon field and the Baka team, they will decide whether or not to invite me to join them in ministry in Cameroon. This is a very necessary and important step in the process of preparing for ministry to the Baka. Please pray with me that I will be able to find reasonable airfare to Cameroon, that the timing will work out to minimize travel for the missionaries who will be hosting me, that I would be a blessing to all those I come in contact with, and that God would give me wisdom and safety during this trip.
Also, praise God for grace from my employers who have approved the time off of work, and for good communication with friends in Cameroon leading up to a proposed time-frame for my visit.

2 comments:

lasselanta said...

I'm so happy for you, Jenn! I'll be praying for you as you head out. Keep posting updates!!

Anonymous said...

JENNIFER,

I AM EXCITED FOR YOU BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT YOU HAD WANTED TO DO. I WILL PRAY FOR YOUR NEEDS. TALK TO YOU SOON.

AUNT GAIL