Sunday, July 15, 2007

I can see way over there!

I went to Cameroon with a bunch of gifts to leave with my friends there. My parents sent 2 pair of reading glasses for an "elderly" couple that we have a relationship with. Lendo and Sanda are probably in their early 50s, but they look much older and are among the oldest Baka people that I know of. Mom and Dad though they could use a pair of reading glasses. When I gave the glasses to them, they both immediately tried them on and tried their hardest to look scholarly and distinguished. Then Sanda looked up and exclaimed, "I can see way over there!" I'm not sure how far he could really see with reading glasses, but he was certainly impressed. In the mean time, Lendo gazed at pictures of herself and her children with her new glasses.

No comments: