Monday, February 11, 2008

Hiding Mountains

I'm in Oregon visiting family and friends. What a great break this has turned out to be. Just in case you think I am being lazy, I did work last night. I shared about Cameroon with my Uncle and Aunt's small group. But don't feel sorry for me. I always enjoy these sharing times, and come away greatly encouraged.
Below is a picture of Mount Shasta, that I took on the way up. The light cloud cover reminded me of another volcanic mountain. Mount Cameroon is the highest peak in West and Central Africa.
Photo courtesy of Google Earth
Like Mount Shasta, it is volcanic. However, there is one big difference. Mount Cameroon is an active volcano. In the most recent eruption the flow of lava covered one of the main roads. We drove right up to where the lava flowed and were detoured around it. The funny part was that the entire mountain was covered in clouds. Even though the lava was visible, it was hard to believe such a giant was hiding in the clouds.

No comments: