Friday, May 02, 2008

Owl's Head

For a class outing today, we went to Owl's Head. We were told that we would do some hiking, but I didn't expect to scale a mountain! In the winter, this is a ski resort. The view was great!
A few of us were not quite high enough, so we climbed to the top of a ski lift.The descent was a lot easier, but wrought with havoc, as the snow was slick under our tennis shoes. But fear not, we all made it down safely.
I don't think I make a very good mountaineer:)

Oh, and did I mention that I am experiencing my third spring this year. I got to experience a little bit of California spring, the beginning of the North Carolina spring, and now I am watching leaves turn green and flowers bloom in Quebec. The Daffodils are just coming out here. Trees are budding...


...and dandelions are bursting forth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I really like the picture of you and your hiking stick! It was really nice to have you over for super tonight. Hope you’ll feel better soon. 

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful! Just another reminder of the amazing things God creates! Im glad to read that you are safe and have embarked on an AMAZING journey!