Friday, September 16, 2005

Arrival

For many years I struggled with purpose. After returning from an 18 month stay in Cameroon, where I taught missionary kids, that desire for purpose took on a little more meaning. I've always wanted to serve God with my life, but the question was always "how?" My time in Cameroon was spent teaching, watching the missionaries work, forming new friendships, and allowing God to work on my life. I came away from that experience with a realization that God had made me into a missionary.
I can look back on all of those years when I desired purpose in my life and realize that all the while, God was preparing me. I see evidence of God's faithfulness in every event that I went through during that time. ...and God continues to be faithful!!
Now it is time to look forward. I cannot tell you what the future holds, but I know that God has put a desire in my heart to see the Baka of Cameroon become children of God. I am currently preparing for service among the Baka. Please pray for me as I begin to take the necessary steps to reach that goal. I must apply to and be accepted by a mission organization, learn French, and complete some more training in church planting and missionary medicine.
This is an exciting time! I can't believe that God is letting me serve Him in this way! Praise God for allowing me to be His hands and feet to those who need Him. Lord, please accept my service as worship.

No comments: