Saturday, September 17, 2005

Hitting the Books

When I was in school, I longed for the day that I would no longer have to study every waking moment. Now, I am out of school, and what do I do with my spare time? Study!
I have been told by many nurses that while you learn a good deal in
nursing school, you really don't learn how to be a nurse until your first
job. I believe them now. I'm learning so much that my head spins at
times. I have some learning modules that I am supposed to be going
through, but by the time I get a day off from work, I have no desire to
think about nursing.
Add to that the fact that I am trying to learn French and piano. I
considered taking a couple classes at the local community college, but
decided that my work schedule would not allow it, and I am glad to be done with school for the time being. Learning French is enjoyable to me, but it is so time consuming. I spend hours in the books or online doing lessons, and I feel that I have very little to show for it. However, I know that this time is time well spent. Knowing French will help me to communicate well with people in Cameroon, and the more I know now, the less I have to learn in language school in a couple years.

No comments: