Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Homesick

"For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself."

Philippians 3:20-21

I don't know about you, but I get homesick from time to time. This world is not our home. We are foreigners here. And yet God has placed us here for a time and for a season such as now. Let's do our job.
Recently, my dear friend, Phil, went home to be with Jesus. Through the grief I realized that he reached the finish line! His race is done. I look forward to eternity, but it seems so far away, so distant and unreal. But, it is not far off. This life is only for a short time, and then we get to spend eternity in the glorious presence of our God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.