Monday, March 19, 2007

Update from Chicago

Well, so far my flight to Paris and connection to Douala, Cameroon are on time.  I spent the morning at the hotel that was so generously supplied by American Airlines after the delay yesterday.  It was a peaceful morning spent in getting some emails out, connecting by phone with the Abbotts to inform them of the change in itinerary, talking to Mom and Dad on the phone, and spending some quiet time with God.  It was a much needed break after the preparations for this trip. 

I have been blessed with peace about this trip up until now.  God has been faithful to keep me safe in His arms.  However, I am a bit anxious now that the international portion of this trip is coming up.  Please keep me in your prayers as I endeavor to seek God's will in Cameroon.  I was reminded in an old letter this afternoon that it is when we are doing crucial ministry that Satan strikes the hardest.  Pray that I would be mindful of that and not become discouraged if spiritual opposition does come.  Pray for the Baka team, that they would be encouraged by my visit.  Pray for the Baka, that they would be receptive and understand the purpose of my trip to their homeland.  And pray that I would have more opportunities to minister to people, whether they are fellow travelers, Cameroonians, missionaries, or others that I come into contact with.  Praise God for many opportunities to tell others about God because of the delay in travel I have experienced.

I hope to update you soon after I arrive in Cameroon.  As soon as I am able to get an internet or email connection, that is.

No comments: