Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Comforter

No, I'm not talking about the downy bed covering, though I am currently wrapped up in a warm, fuzzy blanket.
I wrote a reflection paper today on the Holy Spirit. I realized that I had plenty of head knowledge about the Great Comforter, but I lack in intimacy with Him. You see, He is the one who gives us power, convicts us of sin, prompts us to action, guides, comforts, and so much more. He is relational, intimate, personal. Though we need to know about Him, He is not just theology to be studied. He is God, just as much as the Father and the Son. I realized today that He is what I have been longing for.
Counselor, Friend, Comforter, please forgive me for neglecting intimacy with You. Draw me ever closer.

1 comment:

Katherine Voigt said...

First you are just a fabulous dorm mate. I really enjoyed our discussion tonight, challenges me to find out what I really believe in. Amazing how God uses a simple assignment to teach each of us different but very much needed lessons!