Thursday, August 23, 2007

Spent

Please pray. I know it may sound petty and unimportant, with all of the tragedies that are happening in our world, but I could use a bit of prayer.
I’ve been in the throes of packing for the last several days. If it were just a matter of moving from one place to another, it would be much easier. However, I am packing to move temporarily to pre-field training, then to language training in Quebec, and then on to live in Cameroon. As a result, I have to sell, give away, and throw away many of my belongings. The constant chore of deciding what to do with each item is exhausting. It is quite taxing emotionally, mentally, and physically to go through this process of transition. I'm spent. Please pray.
I'm leaving tomorrow morning (hopefully) to spend a few days in SoCal before heading to North Carolina. Check back in for travel updates.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning sunshine, I will pray
for safe travel and have a great
adventure on your way, We will enjoy seeing the pictures. Would love to hear how you like the book, it is a fast read. It was fun sharing a evening with you and finding out what you will be doing in the next few months to two years, quite remarkable. We love you. love uncle george and aunt gail

Laurel Conrod said...

We are praying!!! We've been there, and it's tough, having not only to pack for the next step, but the next 3 steps...and each step requiring different things that you need (but you'll feel so much better after Quebec when you can get rid of all your winter clothes!). We love you! Praying for you always. CIT will be a good time for you, surrounded with other who are in the same boat.