Sunday, March 09, 2008

Good Goodbyes

Last week I had the chance to take one more trip to SoCal to visit friends, family, and supporters. I had a great time with loved ones. Some highlights...
Freezing on the beach (the only chilly day that I was there).
Sunday dinner with the Kappen clan.
Thai food with friends.
A walk through a nature reserve.
Meeting one of the newest editions to the World Team family.
Visits with friends and with my Grandparents.
Sale of my Cabrio.

In the midst of all of these fun things, I was constantly reminded just how long 4 years is. Chances are that all of the people I saw will have undergone major life changes before I see them again. Some will marry, others will begin having children, and some may move away. Little Shelby, who I met for the first time will likely be telling me her alphabet (in English and Spanish) and will have developed a distinct personality.
While I complete all of the tasks necessary for moving to another continent, I will continue to say goodbyes. Pray that I would be able to balance the necessary goodbyes with the necessary tasks.

2 comments:

Hannah Murray said...

I can't believe you got to see Shelby, you lucky duck!

jason and lindsey said...

it was great having you here, jenn! we are so thankful we got a chance to see you before you go. and we are glad little shelby got to hang out w/you.