Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Incomplete Peace

I haven't heard anything official, but the word I have received from friends in Cameroon is that the rioting has come to an end. It's interesting that I couldn't find any news articles on the peace in Cameroon. Peace is not as exciting as violence, I guess. I have heard, though, that the aftermath of the riots is quite bad. It seems that the death toll is much higher than official reports have stated and there is quite a bit of damage. Some friends of mine have informed me that many vehicles were destroyed, fuel stations were demolished and government buildings are rendered unusable. Though some friends who were in the larger cities found themselves very close to the violence, God protected them. Keep praying for peace in Cameroon, as I am sure the tensions remain high. Pray also that the political and economical problems would be resolved and stability restored in this developing country. Pray, most importantly, that Christ's name would be glorified, in whatever way possible, because without Him, our peace is incomplete.

No comments: