Friday, March 28, 2008

24 hours 8 minutes

I just attempted to check in for my flight tomorrow, and the website wouldn't let me since it was more than 24 hours before my flight. I guess I was about 8 minutes early:)
Well, the suitcases are packed, the boxes are packed, and I am loading the crate today, so that it can get shipped to Cameroon.
I read Deuteronomy 6-8 this morning. As the Israelites prepared to enter the promised land, after wandering in the wilderness for 40 years, God again reminded them of His providence, power, and grace. He reminded them that He was the one who led them out of Egypt and who was their protector throughout the whole ordeal. He told them of the prosperity that they would experience and commanded them not to forget God, who was their provider. God told them that remembering Him and obeying His commands would guarantee prosperity, but warned them against disobedience.
As I leave in 24 hours, I will do my best to remember that it is God who leads me to Cameroon. I will remember the many things He has done on my behalf. I will remember His providence, power, and grace, and I will serve Him only.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, i (we) cannot believe you are packed and ready to go! you are on the verge of something very big. god is very good to remind you of who he is, what he has done, and what he is doing in your life and journey. even that reminder is grace!
jason (& lindsey & the shelbster)